Tuesday 2 December 2014

Already slacking...urrgghh

Apologies--to myself and whoever happens to read this--for the blog/fitness slacking I've been doing lately.

No excuses, I just suck (right now).

Let's get down to it and I'll try and remember what I can...trying to keep THIS one relatively short.

Thursday

Food:
Ran out to class, so I did the usual, grabbing an iced cappuccino and a cheese croissant (nooooooo). I was volunteering directly afterward, so I bought a chickpea salad(?) from the grocery store. As far as I can tell, that was relatively harmless.

AT LEAST I'M TRYING. Someone can tell me later (or not) if that was a poorer choice than I thought.

I don't remember what I had for supper...maybe soup?

Fitness

ZERO. I can feel my Fitbit judging me, but I just could NOT.

Reasoning: So, I wore rain boots to class and figured standing around for *only* 4 hours volunteering was feasible in rain boots...my feet were on fire by the end of it, and I couldn't bear to put them in shoes for another minute (I have to wear shoes, even in the house, otherwise, I'll slip and slide all over the place). My feet were still hurting the next day.

LESSON - be more realistic about my choices; think through consequences a little further.

Friday

Friday, I volunteered all day and opted to wear running shoes. My feet were still feeling it, though.

Food:
Iced capp/croissant for breakfast (I know, I'm working on it).
Chicken (shish taouk) wrap for lunch (yay, stayed away from those potatoes, though!).
Supper: I don't remember if I even HAD supper. Too tired.

Fitness

Did nothing, but that was probably pure slacking.

LESSON
Have to be more proactive about timing and preparation of breakfast, to save not only money, but reduce amount of crap in my body.

Saturday

No breakfast, and I did that thing where I did schoolwork all morning and skipped to lunch.

Food:

Not a great day for food. I know I had something small to eat in the afternoon, but then I went grocery shopping, and when I came back, I had
-a few cheese cubes and grapes
-a sizeable bowl of pasta and sauce with cheese.

I knew it was bad (white/refined pasta, aaaarrrggghhh!!!), because I felt super bloaty immediately afterward, which made choosing my outfit for my sister's birthday a little more complex. At that birthday, I had a bunch of little appetizers that included
-chicken strips
-mozzarella bites
-cheese and onion puff pastries
-cheetos
-pretzels/chips
-a decent amount of soda/juice/alcohol

Fitness:

Nope. Told ya I'd been slacking. Didn't make sufficient time for it.

LESSONS
-white pasta= try to avoid
-breakfast=aim to have some
-as for the appetizers, etc, it's kind of a given, and I have very little self-control in general, so as long as I am not eating them until I burst and beyond, I'm considering it a win.

Sunday

The day after, I felt so lethargic, probably because I don't go out much. Also felt sick and crampy, which led to dumb bingeing.
The nephews were over so it was hard to accomplish anything healthy lifestyle-related.

Food:
Pancakes and hot cocoa for breakfast. A rarity.
Lunch= a quinoa Greek salad.
Snack= a few Crispers...later, THREE g.d. May West snack cakes because cramps
Supper...I opted for more quinoa, this time stir-fried with veggies.
OH AND I accidentally put HOT peppers instead of GREEN peppers, so I hastily grabbed a plum to soothe it, and drank a whole glass of milk. Did NOT help me feel better

Fitness:
NADA, homie. Cramps + lethargy + nephew sleepover =no time/energy/space for fitness.

LESSONS
-be better prepared for breakfast
-finally jumped on to the whole quinoa thing, and, I can say I like it! I feel full without feeling bloated, which is nice.
-I make no promises about the May West, because when I'm feeling sick/have cramps, it's one of those things that soothe when the sugar hits. But I buy them rarely, because of the lack of self-control (see: Monday)

Monday

Food: 
Breakfast/lunch was the remainder of the quinoa stir-fry.
Midday, I ate THE OTHER THREE g.d. May Wests. Urgh
I bought chips to go with tzaziki I had lying around, and strawberry soda as a vessel for vodka, and ate those while I studied. Shitty choices, but felt necessary, as alcohol soothes cramps in a way aspirin doesn't always achieve, and the chips were to keep me going. This was supper.

Fitness:
I couldn't bring myself to get active, gross as I was feeling.

LESSONS
-still need to adopt a breakfast habit.
-thank God I buy May Wests SPARINGLY.

Tuesday

Today!

Food:
2 boiled eggs for breakfast (winning!) and hot cocoa with whipped cream
Quinoa stir-fry for lunch
Snack size (70g) bag of Crispers
Some broccoli with hummus

Fitness:
None so far, wish me luck.
Working on some chem homework due tomorrow, and I have to prioritize that. Whenever I do something else in-between, I am kicking myself the next day when I'm racing against the clock to submit it.

Lessons
-Welcoming eggs back into my life, hurrah! Pleasantly surprised.
-Love the quinoa, must find alternatives so I don't overdo it, as is my wont.
-DEFINITELY need to learn time-management and self-control so I can fit in schoolwork AND fitness and feel like nothing has been neglected.

OVERALL LESSONS
-work on that breakfast!
-blog errday, which helps not only recollection, but keeps these damn posts SHORT! Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment